Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cozy Cabin in the Woods

This past weekend we headed out to the mountains of Garrett County, MD also known as Deep Creek!
Some of my favorite girls surprised me with birthday cupcakes and hats. Two of my favorite things! I was completely surprised and so grateful to get to celebrate with them.
And of course with this guy...

On friday night we pretty much just hung out, made a few pizzas and snacked while having some fun drinks and playing cards.  Everyone went to bed relatively early so we didn't spoil saturday.

On saturday the girls (+ Shane) hung out at the house playing more cards, watching TV and making bloody mary's and watermelon mojitos (my new favorite drink ever).  We had a blast just being silly and trying to maintain a fire in the fireplace while the boy's were out sharpening their skiing/snowboarding/drinking skills.
That evening we made a full family dinner :-) Lasagna, Ziti, Ceasar Salad, a glass of red wine and burnt garlic bread. And then all just hung out dancing to fun music, playing games and watching some winter xgames on TV.
It was a great weekend indeed! I can't wait to do it again next year. Thanks to everyone for coming and especially for my birthday surprise! <3

1 comment:

  1. Aww looks like so much fun! The weather wasn't too bad either :) That dinner spread makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete