Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Green Pizza

Last night I tried out a quick new recipe that I absolutely loved! After hitting the gym and the grocery store after work it was already 7:52 (exactly) when I started cooking.  It was a "30 minute meal" that I got from Eating Well and it was super tasty. It was healthier than regular pizza, not my healthiest dinner of all time, but there were a bunch of veggies and minimal cheese.  I suggest trying it out.  I wish I had remembered to bring it for lunch today :-/

Adapted from Green Pizza -6 Servings (4 servings if you aren't eating with a salad)



What you need



Premade Thin Pizza Crust (I used pilsbury, thats all they had in the dairy aisle at Giant)

2-3 cups chopped broccoli florets

1/2 cup water

5 ounces arugula ,any tough stems removed, chopped (about 1 Pre-packaged Bag)

Pinch of salt

Freshly ground pepper to taste

1/2 cup prepared pesto

1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  2. Prebake dough on greesed cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
  3. Steam broccoli with the 1/2 cup of water in a large nonstick frying pan (top on) for about 5 minutes. Add arugula and steam for 3-5 minutes more.  Add salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Spread pesto over crust. Top with green vegetable and 1 cup of part-skin mozzarella cheese.
  5. Bake for 8-10 minutes and then let sit for 5 minutes before cutting (so that all the toppings stay in place)!
  6. Enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment