Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Polite vs. Aggravating

I have not written much about wedding planning on my blog, mostly because I like things being a surprise.  I have not given away details about colors or locations because those who need to know, already do and those who don't can wait in suspense ;-)

Anyway, I was talking to a friend yesterday who I go to when I need an honest opinion.  If I really want to know if something is hideous, or ridiculous I immediately go to her. She is 100% honest, even if it isn't the popular answer and I completely respect that aspect of her.  I was telling her how I feel like once you get engaged lots of people lose their opinion.  You could ask them if you look good in a rainbow colored bridal gown and they would say "OMG it's so beautiful". No it's really not.  Now, I know I have more than just one person that is honest with me, and that makes me very happy and grateful but my question is...

Why do people feel the need to be so polite?

I feel like in every other aspect of life, college choice, raising kids, house decorating, people can be brutally honest. But when it comes to planning your wedding, all the sudden they shut down. 

I am not going to lie. Everyone once in awhile it is nice to hear that your ideas are awesome. But I am human, I make mistakes and I have never planned a wedding before so if something I say is far off, please don't restrain yourself. Just let me know!

My point is...sometimes just being polite is more aggravating than it is helpful. If I ask for your opinion I really want it, and I am going to respect it and take it as genuine. If I don't ask for your opinion you can keep it to yourself. Just kidding (kinda) :-)

Moral of the story.  Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy.

Thoughts?

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment