Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

When the other shoe drops

Tuesday, which I normally coin, Terrible Tuesday (just always seems to be the day of the week where traffic is bad, work is busy and nothing you plan on getting done actually happens) was looking brighter this week.  I woke up refreshed tired but it was because I stayed up way too late watching TV (my own fault) so it was ok. 

Once I was ready for work I felt good, ready to take on the day.  I made myself a cup of Hazelnut coffee, and a piece of multigrain toast with PB, Banana and a sprinkle of granola.  Jaks was being good, listening to me and not running around like crazy and got right in his crate for me when I left and I was on my way.

It wasn't until I was 2 miles from work that I noticed I never changed out of my bright pink martini glass flip flops, that I have owned since high school, that I walked Jaks in this morning.  Slight panic set in. What was I going to do? Then I looked around my car, and thank goodness I am a car clutterer because there were shoes gleaming back at my. Pretty black flats. "Why do I never wear these?" I thought to myself.  They are so cute.

Well, it is now 1:45 pm and I can tell you why they stay in my car.  My feet are killing me.  Every time I take a step my toes slip and get pinched by the end of the shoe. 

I also had a friendly reminder today at work that my office stays slightly freezing as it approaches fall.  Note to self, start bring a sweater so you don't shiver for 8 hours. 

On a better, less bitter note, I made a delicious recipe last night for dinner.  They were Thai Chicken Broccoli Wraps from Fitness Magazine.  I highly recommend the recipe.  They were filling, healthy and satisfying.  I honestly had never had anything coined, Thai before so it was a nice introduction.  And, who doesn't like a wrap? They are so versatile ;-)

A few fun pictures that made me smile:


Can I get Jaks one?? In blue of course!

I want this picture ;-)

So true

No comments:

Post a Comment