This is my new favorite quote lately. It is true for everyone. Without the little things in life we would certainly not be the people that we are today. Do not get me wrong, there are big moments in life that are unforgettable, but there were lots of little moments that led up to that one ginormous, memorable occasion.
But, I also think that this quote goes the other way as well. People will remember the little not-so-good things as well. Sometimes it is the little lies that are told, or the small snarky remarks that people have a hard time forgetting for whatever reason. Personally, I like to believe that I am someone who doesn't tend to hold a grudge. I get upset, count to 10, decide what needs to be said (or not said) and get over it. But just because no grudge is held, doesn't mean that everything is forgotten. It is those little moments, added to the good little moments, that develop lasting relationships.
There are many life lessons, some people learn personally, some that are taught to you. Some I try to live by daily are:
- "Treat others how you want to be treated". It is the first lesson we learn in kindergarten, it is cliche, and seems so simple, but is so hard for many to follow.
- It's simple. And I am going to quote a country song, "Be a best friend. Tell the truth. Overuse I love you. Go to work. Do your best. Don't outsmart your common sense. And love like crazy."-Lee Brice. If we could all live that way, the world would be a happier place.
- Don't go to bed angry. Let it go. Even if it is just for the night. Problems will still be there when you wake up in the morning, midaswell get a good sleep and be more ready to deal with them in the morning.
- Indulge (sometimes). Everyone deserves a chance to indulge. Should you eat a pack of oreos every night, probably not. But if on Saturday, you want to eat your favorite food, which is cheese fries. Do it. Life's too short to skip the indulging.
- Stick up for what you believe in, but also know how to be respectful and step back sometimes. I think this may be the hardest. If you believe something with all your heart, it is hard not to fight to make someone believe too. But sometimes letting it go, and respecting the other person is what you have to do. You are not giving up your belief, you are just realizing that we are all human, and all can form our own opinions.
- DON'T STRESS! Someone once told me, "It all works out in the end, if it hasn't worked out, it must not be the end yet"
Have a wonderful weekend!
What are your favorite quotes/life lessons?